SendGrid is an email service provider that offers transactional and marketing email delivery, offering a web API for developers to integrate with the service. Headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with additional offices in London, Singapore, Omaha, San Francisco, and Sydney, SendGrid’s customers include Uber, Spotify, Airbnb DreamHost and Foursquare, with thousands of customers in more than 170 countries (including high-growth companies like Airbnb, Pandora, HubSpot and Spotify).
- SendGrid offers APIs for developers, marketers, and product managers.
- Provides an option to send up to 12,000 emails per month free of charge, providing plenty of emailing for individuals handling marketing by themselves or small businesses with less than 100 employees.
- Can handle high volume transactional emails at scale. The free version of SendGrid is capable of sending up to 40,000 emails per month.
- It provides email templates that are easy for marketers to modify.
- SendGrid can be used with other services like Mandrill, MailChimp and Amazon SES. This allows users the freedom to choose among applications that they want to use.
- The service automatically optimizes the delivery of email. This reduces the chance that ISPs will flag an email as spam and decreases wasted resources on mailing lists.
- Has built-in redundancy that ensures uptime for its users, regardless of their location or number of servers.
- If one server goes down, the system automatically routes to another without any disruption in service.
- Its 32 different delivery options can be used for every email, giving users have greater control over their emails and how ISPs will view them before hitting the inbox of recipients.