SAP HANA is an in-memory data platform that combines data management, analytics, and application development capabilities. Its design helps deliver high throughput for multiple users accessing the same datasets at once, and does this through interactive applications or batch processes. SAP HANA’s performance gains (typically around 200%) for complex business intelligence (BI) queries compared to traditional databases is its main selling point. In-memory processing helps achieve this performance gain, meaning that the data being queried is not retrieved from storage, processed, or aggregated before it can be presented to the end-user.
Why SAP HANA?
- The need to manage ever-increasing data volumes is forcing organizations to replace their traditional databases with new, in-memory platforms that handle data more efficiently.
- The price of SAP HANA, when compared with other in-memory databases, is much less.
- The ability to combine the analysis of business data with the processing power of SAP HANA is an attractive prospect for business users who want to extend their insights.
- Integrating SAP HANA with the rest of SAP’s analytics solutions opens up new possibilities for deeper analysis.
- SAP HANA provides a platform for big data and gives organizations the tools to manage their digital transformation.
- It combines database, processing power, and connectivity with an application development platform for building web applications.
- For Marketing, HANA is useful for user experience management and real-time analysis and for sales. It allows the management of customer events.
- For Supply Chain Management, HANA uses industry-specific content. This enable supply chains that are flexible and responsive to changes in demand.