Microsoft Teams is cloud-based collaborative software in Office 365. It provides an online workspace and the necessary tools for effective communication, collaboration, activities, meetings and sharing of resources. Due to the recent COVID-19 pandemic and the move to remote work, Teams has replaced Microsoft’s former enterprise software application, Skype (for Business), as a widely used medium for business meetings and online learning. Teams also enables masses to store data, share and manage documents, and create groups.
Why Microsoft Teams?
- Secure and convenient software for communication with easy use, no hassle application and multi-tasking functionality
- Basic, user-friendly interface makes it simple for users to join
- Ability to record meetings
- Primarily for use by educators, the notebook feature helps keep track of class assignments, conversations and feedback
- Enhanced video quality with optimized bandwidth
- Meetings can be scheduled prior with reminder functionality. During meetings, the meeting host has the ability to mute chats/participants, share screen, record calls and save to OneDrive for easy sharing
- Contains integrated features like create meetings, sharing big files, and collaboration in groups