DB2 is a brand of database management software developed by IBM. It is a relational database management system (RDBMS). In addition to being available on several operating systems, it runs as a server providing multi-user access to a number of users. It is widely deployed in financial institutions, Oracle DBMS installations, and many government institutions.
- DB2 is a relational database management system (RDBMS) that provides multi-user access to a number of users.
- It is mostly used in financial institutions, Oracle DBMS installations, and many government institutions.
- It is one of the most highly scalable products in its class.
- It is a powerful tool for data warehousing.
- It is a solution for managing very large databases and simplifying the administration of complex data.
- It is based on SQL, which supports all major programming languages.
- It provides strong security for both data and applications.
- It offers a wide range of storage management features, such as data encryption and compression.
- DB2 also offers a number of integrated management tools for ease of administration.
- The DB2 Server also runs on Microsoft Windows, AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Linux.
- DB2 Server is available in Express-C, Standard, Enterprise and Advanced editions; Express-C and Standard editions offers a free license and is ideal for development and prototyping.