Dropbox is a file hosting service run by Dropbox, Inc. that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, and client software. Dropbox allows users to create a special folder on each of their computers, which Dropbox then synchronizes so that it appears to be the same folder (with the same contents) regardless of which computer is used to view it. Files placed in these folders also are accessible through a website and mobile phone application.
- Dropbox has a simple interface that business users will feel comfortable logging into and using.
- Dropbox is easy to use, which makes it an ideal platform for business collaborations, especially among employees or between different office branches.
- Dropbox can be accessed through any browser-enabled computer and OS, which helps companies with global offices.
- Dropbox does not require VPN access to access your files.
- Dropbox offers 2GB of free storage space, so it’s easy for businesses to start using it.
- Businesses can use Dropbox as a secure dropbox solution to protect the security of files and ensure compliance with security regulations like HIPAA and the HITECH Act.
- When you edit a file and save the changes Dropbox will automatically sync those changes to all of your computers and make it available on the web.