DigitalOcean is a cloud computing service that provides infrastructure for web applications. It’s fast, simple and affordable. It is designed with simplicity, ease of use and intuitiveness in mind. It’s the best way to deploy your apps on the cloud without spending too much time thinking about where they are deployed. Its 3 main features are its easy to use dashboard, SSD storage and big discounts for referring users.
- DigitalOcean provides best-in-class customer service. New cloud users can expect a reply within an average of 30 minutes to any support issues, with 24/7 availability during business hours.
- DigitalOcean has great flexibility for server configuration. All plans come with root access and the user has full power over what happens on their servers.
- DigitalOcean’s pricing is the most competitive. It’s possible to start with one droplet, and scale up as business needs change without any hassle.
- Users can use virtual machines (droplets), which are isolated from each other. This ensures that one app failure doesn’t affect the other apps on the same server, or other users on the same server.
- All droplets are backed up daily, and can be redeployed in any region of the world in minutes.
- DigitalOcean has an API which is easy to use, open source and free for public use. This API allows anyone to build applications on top of it.
- There are other benefits to choosing DigitalOcean that have nothing to do with the technology, such as being a part of this great community or working alongside some really talented people
- It offers SSD Storage (much faster than a normal HDD). Deploy in 55 seconds, or just click a button.