Azure Synapse is another one of Microsoft’s cloud-based platforms which combines the best of its Azure services and provides a comprehensive analytics program with services including, Data Factory. Data Flows, Power BI, and SQL. This helps the user to dissect data, analyze it, craft pipelines and discover solutions through a single interface rather than using different platforms for different things. It is the newer reformed and improved version of Azure SQL Data Warehouse, with newer features that make it more powerful and worthwhile.
Why Azure Synapse?
- It provides a combination of cloud data warehousing and data analytics, in a single, centralized place. This means that users do not need to access different platforms – but can easily store, use and interact with data in a single place.
- It is 14 times faster and 94% less costly than other similar service providers
- Options of using SQL Pools and serverless computer models to query data mean that the user is only charged according to what they read.
- Individually managed and owned spark environment that is based on Apache Spark 2.4 and python 3.6 as well as .NET bindings for spark which eliminate the need to learn a new language.
- It can easily be integrated with other applications such as Microsoft 365, Microsoft dynamics software, and other SaaS Platforms.
- Security features include encryption, access controls, multi-factor authentication protocols, and dynamic data masking.