Azure Data Lake Storage by Microsoft, is a comprehensive, extensive, and flexible storage system, which is used to store huge-sized data, and run large-scale analytics through complex computing processes. Hadoop frameworks such as MapReduce and Hive can be used to analyze the data that is stored in this software. Its key benefit for organizations is that eliminates the prevalence of silos amongst departments and provides a centralized storage database where all information can be stored without limit.
Why Azure Data Lake Storage?
- There are two types of data Lake Storage, which gives variety to the users, who can buy the one that meets their specific needs and requirements, ADLS Gen 1 and Gen 2. Both of the systems provide unlimited storage capacity for the client, ranging from kilobytes to petabytes
- Data in ADLS is completely secure by a method of replicating existing files to act as alternates in case of emergency situations such as power failures or breakdowns.
- The security for ADLS includes ACL and POSIX permissions
- Since it is a cloud-based service, the cost of this platform is also low and works on a pay-as-you-go system, where businesses only pay for the services they require and not the whole platform
- There are no restrictions as to the type of data that can be stored – i.e it can be stored in the form of multimedia, logs, people data, binary data, etc.
- Security features of ADLS include SSL for data in motion and user-managed HSM Backed keys for data at rest, as well as authentication and single sign-on.