Customer loss, as well as operational cost overruns, brand and reputational damage through blacklists, and even potential lawsuits are a few of the possible consequences service providers face as a result of spam coming from inside their network. Since the problem differs from inbound spam, dealing with outbound spam effectively requires a completely different approach to ensure real protection for service providers.
How Outbound Spam Impacts Businesses
Outbound spam can disrupt service provider businesses in multiple ways:
- Blocked IP ranges: Spam sent from subscriber PCs can potentially cause entire IP ranges to be blocked. This includes customers’ legitimate traffic, which will negatively impact customer satisfaction.
- Increased cost: The effort needed to remove blocked IP ranges from blacklists and handle angry customers can be very manual. Increased support infrastructure, and risk of potential litigation all also increase cost.
- Persistent zombies: Blocking outbound spam isn’t enough. Without identifying the source, you can’t fully treat the problem. This allows spammers to change tactics and continue exploiting your network.
- Ineffective solutions: Employing standard inbound anti-spam filters to outbound traffic oftentimes results in high rates of false positives as well as frustrated users.
- Legislation: Some governments propose legislation that requires service providers to proactively deal with compromised accounts.
A Unique Solution to Outbound Spam
Cyren’s Email Security Engine for Outbound Spam is specifically designed to protect you by:
- Detecting spam rapidly and accurately: A small local engine can analyze local traffic, blocking spam outbreaks as they start with almost no false positives.
- Blocking any type of attack or attacker: It’s important to block spam, malware or phishing in real-time. Additionally, zombie computers, AKA compromised accounts, spammer accounts, and webmail spam are all analyzed and blocked.
- Identifying the source: This sends alerts to your abuse team, providing samples of unwanted traffic.
Why Use Cyren’s Email Security Engine for Outbound Spam?
- Increased customer satisfaction: This product has industry-leading high spam and phishing catch rates, coupled with near zero false positives.
- Reputation protection: Blocks outbound spam at the right time, while also stopping you from being blocked and improving your reputation with your customers, other networks, and block list providers.
- Reduce cost: Eliminates the expense of resolving blocked IPs, handling angry customers, and increasing hardware and support staff.
- Simple integration: These industry-standard plugins make deployment easy and fast.
How Outbound Spam Protection Works
Cyren’s email security solutions utilize patented Recurrent Pattern Detection™ (RPD) technology. This technology can analyze billions of messages per day – identifying outbreaks the moment they occur. To provide accurate protection from lower volume local or regional outbound spam, a local instance of RPD is deployed with each Outbound Anti-Spam Engine. RPD then analyzes the traffic to provide spam and phishing classifications based on its unique global view of outbreaks.
Outbound emails are scanned by the Anti-Spam Outbound engine for global and locally recurring patterns. This helps to identify spam, phishing, and email-borne malware while also tracking each sender’s traffic statistics, such as mails per time period. Once a sender crosses a threshold, a notification is then sent along with the sender address. Samples of the blocked emails are then provided for analysis during the remediation process.
Read the data sheet and learn how to use Cyren’s Email Security Engine Anti-Spam with your products, today.