WooCommerce is the leading free ecommerce shop system for the WordPress universe. With a single click, this plugin turns a WordPress blog into a fully equipped online shop. It is designed for small and midsize businesses and offers website management, order management, customer management, sales optimization and cost calculation within a suite. The product allows users to sell both physical as well as digital goods online. On its website, the user will find a variety of Premium- and free plugins such as the Plugins to the payment service providers Stripe, Amazon Pay and Klarna with which you can expand your shop according to your needs.
- high scalability and low shop costs compared to other shop systems
- Quick setup via the WooCommerce-Wizard, knowledge in HTML and CSS usually not necessary
- Allows for the use of a full-fledged content management system (CMS)
- For WooCommerce there are numerous connections to accounting systems, POS systems and warehouse management systems, such as for example Lexoffice, Billbee or Sevdesk.
- It also allows you to add a security plugin that regularly scans your site for malware, thus adding an extra measure to bar hackers.
- Many WooCommerce security plugins also have a real-time backup available, which saves the information as soon as a customer enters his confidential information or order. This not only backs up your website but also protects customers and revenue.