Wasabi is a mostly open source cross-platform application framework and scannable GUI toolkit. It was initially developed as the framework for Winamp3. However, it is useful for other programs because of its flexibility and extensibility. Wasabi provides simple, predictable, and affordable hot cloud storage for businesses all over the world. It enables organizations to store and instantly access an infinite amount of data at 1/5th the price of the competition with no complex tiers or unpredictable egress fees. Trusted by customers worldwide, Wasabi is one of technology’s fastest growing and most visionary companies.
- Automatically and non-disruptively migrate inactive files to ultra-low-cost cloud storage.
- Safeguard critical files with snapshots in the cloud.
- Significantly reduce costs, space, and effort to archive inactive files and protect critical data.
- No manual intervention required when migrating files to or restoring from the cloud
- Avoid or defer expensive capacity expansion of on-premises NAS and File Servers. HTTPS is supported with the secure upload/download of data
- Access control mechanisms such as bucket policies and Access Control Lists (ACLs) selectively grants permissions to users and groups of users
- The model is based on relevant ISO standards (27001/27002) and security standards from bodies such as the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP), Cloud Security Alliance (CSA), Payment Card Industry (PCI) Security Standards Council, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the SANS Institute.