RSS stands for “Rich Site Summary” or “Really Simple Syndication”. It allows you to periodically update web content through one feed. The term “feed” refers to the information that gets downloaded to your computer, phone or device is ca. It is an XML-based format for sharing and distributing Web content, such as news headlines. Furthermore, most newsreaders and websites that display RSS feeds use a desktop aggregator or feed reader to access and display RSS feeds. Aggregators and feed readers offer a centralised location for browsing and accessing news from many different sources.
- RSS is a more effective way to communicate with your customers.
- Helps you get more traffic from the top social networks.
- It is the only effective way to inject unplanned content into your feed.
- Provides publishers with valuable traffic, engagement and conversion stats.
- Benefits people who are a part of your target market.
- Helps publishers monetize their content and increase their speed to market.
- It is an effective way to ensure that your content gets indexed by Google and other search engines.
- Can help you gain visibility and authority online.
- Provides a way for your customers to subscribe to multiple feeds from one place.
- Helps you deliver the most accurate, up-to-date news to your customers.