Oracle database is a product of Oracle Corporation. It provides a relational database system that supports different kinds of data to be stored, accessed, and subsequently used by the clients. Most enterprises use the Oracle Database Management system because it is effective yet affordable. Moreover, it comes in five different types of editions with varied features including standard edition, standard edition one, enterprise edition, express edition, and personal edition. Oracle’s relational database management system supports SQL language as well.
- Oracle RDBMS is one of the most renowned and technologically efficient databases, with support provided round the clock. It has the highest market share in VMS, UNIX, and OS/2 server fields
- It is very easy to locate the data because Oracle RDBMS uses logical structures for data storage
- Data is available 24/7 even when faced with downtimes or unplanned situations resulting in power breakdown. Hence, there is no chance of data loss or time wastage
- In case of failures, recovery and backups are provided to users through the Recovery Manager Feature, as well as use SQL*PLUS
- Security features include transparent data encryption, database audits and firewall systems, user controls, and authentications.
- Web protocols include TCP/IP (IPv4 and IPv6), TCP/IP with SSL, Sockets Direct Protocol (SDP), and named pipes.