BigQuery is Google’s Cloud-based platform which stores a large amount of data in a centralized, online warehouse and allows its users to query relevant information in order to make data-driven business decisions. It is serverless and scalable, and since it is a product of Google – it also has the processing power and infrastructure capabilities of the tech giant. Businesses can use BigQuery to their advantage through loading and exporting information, analyzing the data, and then manage it according to business needs and requirements.
- Since it is a serverless cloud-based platform, it is easily scalable according to the needs of the user. You can view the information through a click of a mouse and perform analysis on the specific data that requires such a function.
- BigQuery has a high-speed API feature, that allows businesses to run their analytics in real-time, and then make decisions based on those quick and updated results.
- It also allows data transfer among various platforms such as Google marketing platform, Google Ads, YouTube, Amazon S3 – so information can be easily consolidated from different sources
- It is a user-friendly and easy-to-use platform that requires only loading of the data which is not complicated and can be used by businesses without going into complex training programs.
- BigQuery follows the pay-as-you-use policy, therefore it is affordable. It further offers subscription two plans which are catered towards different groups according to their budget
- As a Google service, BigQuery has the following security features: a model based on IAM Capability authorized views functionality and data encryption.