ARCMAIL HELPS COMPANIES ACHIEVE BUSINESS CONTINUITY
In today’s information-centric world, enterprise-class information archiving is becoming an increasingly preferred long-term solution to organizations’ burgeoning electronic data management needs and enforcement of their associated retention policies. Continually adding storage capacity/relying on backup technologies is no longer a viable option. ArcMail enterprise information and email archiving solutions support business continuity, empowering companies to easily recover important data in a matter of minutes. Our solutions complement our customers’ traditional backup technologies, enabling them to reduce the amount of data that is regularly backed up and restored from their servers. Because vast amounts of information can be archived into ArcMail archiving solutions, space is freed up in our customers’ production servers and their performance is improved, and the amount of time required for the customer to perform backups is vastly reduced. ArcMail automatically de-duplicates and compresses data, sets customer-specified retention rules, and stores the data in a separate centralized repository external to our customer’s production servers. Key relevant features of ArcMail’s archiving solutions include:
- Simultaneous archiving of our customer’s enterprise information, including emails and attachments, to two different ArcMail archiving systems at different locations, either on premise or in the cloud.
- Automatic restoration of missing emails should our customer’s MS Exchange server go down. For example, if the MS Exchange server goes down 12 hours after its last backup, our archiving appliance automatically restores the customer’s data to their MS Exchange server. By simply restoring the last image of the MS Exchange, ArcMail’s appliance will automatically restore the missing emails.
- Binding to the MS Exchange Active Directory so that access control and permissions can be easily maintained and restored from the MS Exchange A/D; single log-on capability.
- Automatic restoration of emails should the customer’s ArcMail appliance go down. MS Exchange will maintain all new emails in the journal until the ArcMail appliance comes back up.
- Reducing the size of the customer’s MS Exchange store by decreasing the retention period on the exchange server to 30, 90, or 180 days. This is accomplished because all of our customer’s emails and file attachments are simultaneously stored in the archive repository real-time as emails are sent and received emails.
- Importing all employee PST files into the archive repository and then permanently removing them from their desktops or laptops.
- Automatically rolling off our customer’s data once it has reached the retention lifespan set by the organization.
- De-duplicating email messages, attachments, file systems, SharePoint, and social media.
- Compressing data as it enters the archive repository to reduce storage space in the archive