With over 3,000,000 seats sold in all regions of the world, Centurion Technologies’ patented ransomware generated unaudited revenues of nearly $1MM in 2020 and net positive cash from operations
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, NC, August 9, 2021 – Data443 Risk Mitigation, Inc. (“Data443” or the “Company”) (OTCPK: ATDS), a leading data security and privacy software company, today announced that it has executed a letter of intent to acquire certain assets of Centurion Technologies I, LLC (“Centurion”), a leading provider of ransomware protection and workstation security, DLP and related management software, and the innovator of Reboot/Restore Hard Drive Protection technology. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
What is Centurion:
- Recognized as the leading technical component to comply with major requirements for the new mandates from the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) as mandated by the White House & Biden Administration.
- Long-time patent owner of Reboot/Restore system technology for virus attack & ransomware recovery, SmartShield®.
- Additional capabilities include remote device management, DLP, advanced software distribution capabilities, and scheduled device operations.
- Fully capable in distributed (laptops, desktops), virtual-dense (VDI), and server environments (VM, Hyper-V).
- Built for purpose in native cloud environments (Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, AWS) – including the recently announced Microsoft Windows 11, Microsoft Windows 365, and Amazon WorkSpaces.
- Native integration to other leading AV vendors such as McAfee, Norton, Microsoft Defender.
- Over 3 million licenses deployed worldwide, heavy concentration in USA and ASIAPAC
- Protecting myriad markets, including education, public library, enterprise, government, healthcare, banking, and home environments worldwide.
- Large focus on the consumer marketplace – marketing and support.
- Served in military missions including “Enduring Freedom” and other user compute hostile environments.
Why it matters:
- Expected to close at the same time as the imminent major market uplist.
- Ransomware is the #1 cyber threat to businesses in 2021, with no indications of changing.
- Combined with other capabilities (Classification, Discovery, Migration, Encryption) – offering becomes wholly unique and incredibly valuable to customers.
- Acquisition will deliver valuable intellectual property and patents, customers, and extensive partner portfolio and integrations to Data443.
- Continued product offerings for the consumer marketplace, which presents significant growth opportunities.
- Available for on-premises and via Cloud SaaS Deployments
Jason Remillard, Founder and CEO of Data443 commented, “The effects of the SolarWinds hack, Colonial Pipeline attack, JBS Food processor shutdown and CNA insurance attack – to only mention a very select few – continue to demonstrate an ongoing and pervasive threat to all nations and all citizens in high-risk scenarios. This is no longer a game played by script kiddies – these attacks are malicious, callous, and highly damaging.”
“Just last Friday, I received an urgent call from a partner, who in turn had received an even more urgent call from a large power generation organization based in the US. Due to the new CISA guidance as directed by the White House, this organization had to both report on its current cyber response state AND have a full remediation plan in place – regardless of cost – by this Thursday. Similar scenarios are playing out daily across America – and won’t be for just pipeline and nuclear power providers. This will be for banks, hospitals, state and local government – anywhere there is a risk to life, freedom, or financial resources,” continued Mr. Remillard.
“Theft, extortion, leakage of employee and customer data, and mass downtime are some of the most damaging activities that can be subjected to any organization. Indeed, some do not even survive. Our mission has always been to discover, categorize and protect all data. Centurion fits perfectly into our mission. Combined with our existing commercial offerings, there is a great fit with our open-source community organizations which are both commercial (over 8,000 now) and pure open-source (over 450,000). The patented technology, the additional pure EBIT and existing massive customer base, the staff and timing are perfect for Data443 as we continue to grow and gain velocity to our eventual senior market uplist.”
“The Data443 team has all of the extra capabilities we’ve been looking for in a partner and ultimately – an acquirer. Fantastic product line, excellent execution in the marketplace, and a storyline that matches up with customer needs. We are excited to be a part of this story and look forward to the future!” commented Tripp Manheimer, President of Centurion Technologies.
The transaction will complete the terms of an OEM agreement with Centurion executed in early 2021. Closing is subject to due diligence and traditional closing conditions. Anticipated closing will be immediately after the major market uplist.
///***Data Identification Manager™ Classification: PUBLIC ***///